Monday, January 15, 2007

OK - so WE are iced in now!

The boys were out of school today in honor of Martin Luther King Day and they are now out of school tomorrow for a "weather" day. Many of the overpasses and bridges are completely iced over and closed here. So, we will be here at the house like all of you in North Texas for at least tomorrow. Unfortunately, we don't have a fireplace (that you have praised so much). We will gather around a space heater and pretend! Pray that all the trees in this area don't fall on power lines! We heard on the radio that it has been 10 years since they have been iced in here. The Texas Governor's Inauguration is this week! I just read that the parade has been called off and the ceremony has been moved indoors.

I made a trip to the store down the street before it totally froze over and saw a bad wreck right near our house. I always get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see that scene, just remembering the feelings of a bad car wreck. Thank the Lord I made it to the store and back safely. We have so many things to be thankful for....

7 comments:

Dan Bryant said...

Tag your it! I guess it is your turn for the ice. You know, even though we were snowed in, none of us have missed work or snow because it came on the weekend. Ft. Sill does open an hour later tomorrow and no word on any changes for WFISD have been announced. I pray that your family will have the same fun and oneness that we were able to have during our weekend.

Tammy Bryant said...

Space heaters and imagination work just as well - don't they?!!?
Enjoy the day, it will all be well worth it.
I do hate that we missed seeing y'all. We look forward more and more everyday for the next time.
Tell the boys not to cry too much.

Linda Elms said...

I guess it's your turn! Goodness! Stay home and relax. I enjoyed staying in, except having to dismiss church Sunday. See you soon, I hope.

MotherT said...

It is soooo strange to think of North Texas having an ice storm!!! I mean, come on, I live in Central Ohio, ice storms here are a normal part of winter, but TEXAS??? That's one of the places that I dream about visiting when I get old enough to be a "Snow Bird"! Bro. Holley, you have just got to get the weather there straightened out in the next 20 years so that I have a warm place to visit. ; )

Don Ryan said...

The cold finally got to Ohio. 25 degrees as I type this but no ice thankfully. Enjoy your balmy Texas winter!

Gene Holley said...

The boys are out of school on Wednesday now! That is a 5 day weekend! Hopefully it will clear out tomorrow.

Linda Elms said...

Too bad ya'll didn't get stuck up here with us! What a bummer!