The worship was heartfelt. We used the two McClain girls pictured at the left. Taqueria (left) is 19 and Phylicia is 16. They were so excited to sing. We practiced after church Wednesday night and met at 9am this morning. One of the great things about it for me is that Phylicia can sing most of the songs in tenor. YEAH! I can LEAD worship - not having to sing every word! I could get used to that again.
The Word of God hit the mark. There was a great conviction and response. The altar service set some lives back on the right course.
I can't help but believe that our Men's Prayer and Breakfast had something to do with the solid feel of the service. I don't really know how to explain it, but maybe you can catch what I am saying. There was a completeness to the move of the Spirit.
In our bulletin today is a picture of a bobsled team in the midst of a run. It was used to point out that we have been called to a great adventure - as a team. If you have ever seen a bobsled team in action, you know that it is quite a team effort. God has already set us into motion, but we must all do our part. We are headed somewhere...we must gently maneuver this body of believers in the right direction. In a small church, just as the bobsled team, when one person moves in a wrong direction it quickly effects the whole operation! Each person has a mission to fulfill and we have to function in unity with every move. Together we are going to see the work done.Last week, I was told by a senior member of the mother church that as they looked across the congregation at us, they were impressed that God had something beyond our wildest dreams planned and to keep believing.
I just have to say, "Thank you, Lord, for staying close and sending encouragement right when we need it. Thank you, Lord, for a good day!"
2 comments:
Glad to hear of the great reports. It is nice to have someone help with the singing. I can't wait for the day when I have someone to lead worship. Who knows maybe I will miss it. What you said about unity is so true. I have observed in the last 4 years that when the church operated in absolute unity, no amount of resistance could stop us. When there was disunity - just about anything could stop us. Unity certainly is an essential ingredient to God's church. May God bless you and your church this year in your "Great Adventure." I couldn't think of anything more exciting to be a part of than God's Church.
And your team is going to win this race. It is sooooo exciting.
Post a Comment