I thought I would catch up and share a few pictures today. Life has been busy, but if it wasn't we would be bored.
Cameron & Chad will be out of school for summer on Friday. This means we will now have both of our boys in HIGH SCHOOL (Cameron will be a SENIOR!!!!). It's hard to imagine that we have reached this time of life, but it's also a fun time. There are tricky times when you are trying to let them become their own person, but I enjoy watching them develop into the men they will be.
The day after the choir concert, several ladies met to raise money for Mothers' Memorial. We walked and then had breakfast together at Atlanta Bread Co.
I thought these next few pictures were hilarious! A couple weeks ago they had "crazy hair day" in Xtreme. Needless to say, the adults had fun with this also.

The Rider ACAP choir had their final performance for the year last week. We have three girls from the church in the choir - Kathy, Alysha & Ayrian - they are all seniors, so this was their last performance.

This past weekend was so much fun. Sharon & I have been friends since I was 10 years old - 32 years!! But... we were only two of the three muskateers. Krista was the other. Last Friday Krista, Troy (her husband) and Ashley (their daughter) came to spend the weekend with us. We have all seen each other briefly through the years, but it had been about 15 years since we had spent any length of time together. We laughed until I was almost sick! As you will see in the pictures, Sharon still has the bridesmaid dresses from my wedding and Krista's. So, Krista tried them on. It was quite funny. Long-story-short, we had a blast.
On Monday & Tuesday we had the chance to visit with family & friends at the funeral for Aunt Freda. Gene will be blogging about this later and posting pictures.
We are now headed into June. June 8 is the beginning of Texas Camp Meeting. Gene & I will be there. Cameron has been asked to play the bass for South Texas Youth Camp during that same week, so he and Chad will be headed to Columbus. The following week is Texas Junior High Camp. Kassie has been asked to head up the music and asked Cameron to play the bass and me to play the organ, so we'll be back in Lufkin. The next week is Texas Senior High Camp where the boys will both be campers.
We'll try to get some pictures uploaded from all these events as they happen.
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!
Take time to enjoy your family!
Cameron & Chad will be out of school for summer on Friday. This means we will now have both of our boys in HIGH SCHOOL (Cameron will be a SENIOR!!!!). It's hard to imagine that we have reached this time of life, but it's also a fun time. There are tricky times when you are trying to let them become their own person, but I enjoy watching them develop into the men they will be.
The day after the choir concert, several ladies met to raise money for Mothers' Memorial. We walked and then had breakfast together at Atlanta Bread Co.
This past weekend was so much fun. Sharon & I have been friends since I was 10 years old - 32 years!! But... we were only two of the three muskateers. Krista was the other. Last Friday Krista, Troy (her husband) and Ashley (their daughter) came to spend the weekend with us. We have all seen each other briefly through the years, but it had been about 15 years since we had spent any length of time together. We laughed until I was almost sick! As you will see in the pictures, Sharon still has the bridesmaid dresses from my wedding and Krista's. So, Krista tried them on. It was quite funny. Long-story-short, we had a blast.
On Monday & Tuesday we had the chance to visit with family & friends at the funeral for Aunt Freda. Gene will be blogging about this later and posting pictures.
We are now headed into June. June 8 is the beginning of Texas Camp Meeting. Gene & I will be there. Cameron has been asked to play the bass for South Texas Youth Camp during that same week, so he and Chad will be headed to Columbus. The following week is Texas Junior High Camp. Kassie has been asked to head up the music and asked Cameron to play the bass and me to play the organ, so we'll be back in Lufkin. The next week is Texas Senior High Camp where the boys will both be campers.
We'll try to get some pictures uploaded from all these events as they happen.
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!
Take time to enjoy your family!



3 comments:
So, did the guys do anything else to help out with supper besides opening a can? And I just noticed that yall all wore yellow on Sunday, how cute!
We did! We grilled the burgers and they were quite good if I say so myself! :)
What a fun time!!! I'm glad ya'll could get together. And....I can't wait for you to get here for Camp Meeting!!!
Post a Comment